Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 medium zucchini, coarsely shredded
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cobs corn, kernels cut off
1/3 cup yellow polenta
1/2 cup whole meal flour
1/2 teaspoon salt.
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 large eggs, beaten
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 jar tomato relish
A handful baby rocket leaves
1. Mix the grated zucchini with salt in a bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes then rinse.
2. Wrap zucchini in clean porous kitchen cloth, to squeeze out excess liquid.
3. Heat oil in a fry pan, add onion and garlic, cook gently until soft, about 4 minutes.
4. Add the corn and cook for a further 4 minutes.
5. In a large bowl place polenta, flour, salt, baking powder and cheese. Mix well.
6. Add cooked vegetables, egg and yogurt to the bowl, mix well.
7. Heat oil in a large non-stick fry pan over a medium heat.
8. Measure 1/3 cup of the mix into the pan. Cook until fritters are golden, three minutes on each side. Drain on paper towel.
Poached Eggs, Method
9. Fill a shallow pan with hot water and two tablespoons of white vinegar. Bring to the boil, and then reduce to a simmer.
10. Crack the egg into a little bowl first, and then when water is barely at a simmer, slide the eggs into the saucepan. Repeat for remaining eggs.
11. Turn off the heat and cover the pan. Set a timer for 6 minutes.
12. After 6 minutes remove eggs with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel to drain excess water.
13. Place poached eggs onto zucchini fritters along with rocket leaves and tomato relish.
Recipe and images from Unbeatable.
Serves 4 as an accompaniment or 2 as a light mealOn March 4, 2016
Since the publication of her first book in 1920, Agatha Christie wrote 33 novels, two plays and more than 50 short stories featuring Hercule Poirot. Now, for the first time...On June 12, 2014
These Southeast Asian-inspired crab cakes make such a good impression, and I love that I can make them ahead with just a little last-minute cooking. I like to serve them with...On June 6, 2013
This week we are loving Kate Morton's The Secret Keeper.On November 2, 2012
This week we are reading The Varnished Untruth by Pamela Stephenson.On October 11, 2012
The trailer for Vacation has just been released. It's worth waiting until the end of the trailer for a glimpse of Chris Hemsworth looking his best.On May 8, 2015