Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 medium zucchini, coarsely shredded
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cobs corn, kernels cut off
1/3 cup yellow polenta
1/2 cup whole meal flour
1/2 teaspoon salt.
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 large eggs, beaten
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 jar tomato relish
A handful baby rocket leaves
1. Mix the grated zucchini with salt in a bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes then rinse.
2. Wrap zucchini in clean porous kitchen cloth, to squeeze out excess liquid.
3. Heat oil in a fry pan, add onion and garlic, cook gently until soft, about 4 minutes.
4. Add the corn and cook for a further 4 minutes.
5. In a large bowl place polenta, flour, salt, baking powder and cheese. Mix well.
6. Add cooked vegetables, egg and yogurt to the bowl, mix well.
7. Heat oil in a large non-stick fry pan over a medium heat.
8. Measure 1/3 cup of the mix into the pan. Cook until fritters are golden, three minutes on each side. Drain on paper towel.
Poached Eggs, Method
9. Fill a shallow pan with hot water and two tablespoons of white vinegar. Bring to the boil, and then reduce to a simmer.
10. Crack the egg into a little bowl first, and then when water is barely at a simmer, slide the eggs into the saucepan. Repeat for remaining eggs.
11. Turn off the heat and cover the pan. Set a timer for 6 minutes.
12. After 6 minutes remove eggs with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel to drain excess water.
13. Place poached eggs onto zucchini fritters along with rocket leaves and tomato relish.
Recipe and images from Unbeatable.
Academy Award winning director and actor Kevin Costner has signed a deal with Simon and Schusterís Atria imprint.On September 20, 2012
Makes 25 gluten freeOn January 22, 2016
Porridge is my favourite breakfast and in winter I eat it almost every day. This is the best version for weekday mornings as you soak the oats while you get...On February 12, 2016
Serves 4 Preparation: 15 minutes Cooking: 5 minutesOn March 10, 2017
Serves 2-3On October 30, 2015
Terrines can sometimes be a bit labour-intensive but this one couldnít be simpler. It makes a great starter if you have a group of friends coming for dinner, and can...On November 18, 2016