Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 medium zucchini, coarsely shredded
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cobs corn, kernels cut off
1/3 cup yellow polenta
1/2 cup whole meal flour
1/2 teaspoon salt.
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 large eggs, beaten
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 jar tomato relish
A handful baby rocket leaves
1. Mix the grated zucchini with salt in a bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes then rinse.
2. Wrap zucchini in clean porous kitchen cloth, to squeeze out excess liquid.
3. Heat oil in a fry pan, add onion and garlic, cook gently until soft, about 4 minutes.
4. Add the corn and cook for a further 4 minutes.
5. In a large bowl place polenta, flour, salt, baking powder and cheese. Mix well.
6. Add cooked vegetables, egg and yogurt to the bowl, mix well.
7. Heat oil in a large non-stick fry pan over a medium heat.
8. Measure 1/3 cup of the mix into the pan. Cook until fritters are golden, three minutes on each side. Drain on paper towel.
Poached Eggs, Method
9. Fill a shallow pan with hot water and two tablespoons of white vinegar. Bring to the boil, and then reduce to a simmer.
10. Crack the egg into a little bowl first, and then when water is barely at a simmer, slide the eggs into the saucepan. Repeat for remaining eggs.
11. Turn off the heat and cover the pan. Set a timer for 6 minutes.
12. After 6 minutes remove eggs with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel to drain excess water.
13. Place poached eggs onto zucchini fritters along with rocket leaves and tomato relish.
Recipe and images from Unbeatable.
PREPARATION TIME: 30 MINUTESOn April 24, 2014
This is the true story of the Umbrian Thursday night supper club, a group of four rural women who gather in a derelict stone house in the hills above Italy's...On March 26, 2015
This is, without a doubt, like choosing between your children. I could list soooooo many, many more. And, yes, I know the ranks of bookshops, the actual physical places, are...On April 1, 2015
Brian Nankervis co-created and co-presents the music quiz show RocKwiz on SBS. He is currently preparing for three special live shows in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide this December to celebrate the...On October 17, 2013
We whip up a lot of custards at Jamface, and the tons of surplusOn December 1, 2017
Little, Brown has just secured a two book deal with 27-year-old Australian Hannah Kent. The first novel, Burial Rites, is about the last woman to be beheaded, in front of the...On July 13, 2012