Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 medium zucchini, coarsely shredded
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cobs corn, kernels cut off
1/3 cup yellow polenta
1/2 cup whole meal flour
1/2 teaspoon salt.
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 large eggs, beaten
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 jar tomato relish
A handful baby rocket leaves
1. Mix the grated zucchini with salt in a bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes then rinse.
2. Wrap zucchini in clean porous kitchen cloth, to squeeze out excess liquid.
3. Heat oil in a fry pan, add onion and garlic, cook gently until soft, about 4 minutes.
4. Add the corn and cook for a further 4 minutes.
5. In a large bowl place polenta, flour, salt, baking powder and cheese. Mix well.
6. Add cooked vegetables, egg and yogurt to the bowl, mix well.
7. Heat oil in a large non-stick fry pan over a medium heat.
8. Measure 1/3 cup of the mix into the pan. Cook until fritters are golden, three minutes on each side. Drain on paper towel.
Poached Eggs, Method
9. Fill a shallow pan with hot water and two tablespoons of white vinegar. Bring to the boil, and then reduce to a simmer.
10. Crack the egg into a little bowl first, and then when water is barely at a simmer, slide the eggs into the saucepan. Repeat for remaining eggs.
11. Turn off the heat and cover the pan. Set a timer for 6 minutes.
12. After 6 minutes remove eggs with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel to drain excess water.
13. Place poached eggs onto zucchini fritters along with rocket leaves and tomato relish.
Recipe and images from Unbeatable.
This may be my favourite recipe for feeding a crowd; I absolutely adore it. Each bite is bursting with so much flavour and everyone Iíve served this to loves it,...On February 19, 2016
MAKES 8On November 20, 2015
Fancy a frittata? We have five fabulous options for you from Australian Eggs.On February 20, 2015
This is the kind of supper we might have when itís too hot to turn on the oven and we've tired of barbecues. The result is a rather fancy little...On April 11, 2014
Remember the 1991 classic POINT BREAK starring Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze? It doesn't seem long enough ago for there to be a remake but here it is!On June 2, 2015
This recipe is a slight detour from a traditional potato roesti, but the addition of beetroot works beautifully, and it also fits so well with many of the best roesti...On October 28, 2016