Joanne Harris is the author of the WHITBREAD-shortlisted CHOCOLAT (made into an OSCAR-nominated film starring Juliette Binoche and Johnny Depp) and many other bestselling novels. She is currently on a book tour to promote her latest title The Gospel of Loki .Last night on Twitter she shared her top ten things to take on a book tour.
1. A penknife. For fending off stalkers, opening letters, and - you know. The corksrew.
2. Your work-in-progress. Be it on laptop, a memory stick or in a moleskin notebook. Keep it close. Sleep with it.
3. A roll on mini bottle of relaxing lavender and geranium essential oils - for the plane, and to combat that ham smell.
4. Sunglasses. In case you need to look famous. Or if the sun gets in your eyes ...
5. A cashmere blanket. for style; warmth; comfort; pulling over your head when escaping the paparazzi.
6. A swimsuit. In case there's a pool in your hotel. Or you crash on the LOST island.
7. Your most comfortable trainers. Trust me. You will need them.
8. Chocolate. You know. Just in case.
9. A really, really good book.
10. Your sense of curiosity, wonder, discovery and the ridiculous. Because you're going to need that too.
The Gospel of Loki is out now.The novel is a first-person narrative of the rise and fall of the Norse gods - retold from the point of view of the world's ultimate trickster, Loki. It tells the story of Loki's recruitment from the underworld of Chaos, his many exploits on behalf of his one-eyed master, Odin, through to his eventual betrayal of the gods and the fall of Asgard itself.
There is a good deal of love for books at the moment. We loved both of these. Happy weekend!On November 22, 2013
There are eight new books being released this week in the hilarious Ladybird series for Grown-Ups. The series takes a humorous look at the difficulties of being an adult today.On October 20, 2016
By Sophia WhitfieldOn May 22, 2015
Born with a terrible facial deformity ten-year-old August (Auggie) Pullman just wants to be ordinary. His parents have home schooled him to protect him from the cruelty of the outside...On May 7, 2012
Tania McCartney, the agony aunt of children's literature, offers words of wisdom. She will be posting every fortnight. Send an email with your questions to Tania at email@example.comOn August 12, 2012
‘Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry,’ the second installment in a collection of new original writing by J.K. Rowling entitled Magic in North America, will be published today exclusively on...On June 29, 2016