Joanne Harris is the author of the WHITBREAD-shortlisted CHOCOLAT (made into an OSCAR-nominated film starring Juliette Binoche and Johnny Depp) and many other bestselling novels. She is currently on a book tour to promote her latest title The Gospel of Loki .Last night on Twitter she shared her top ten things to take on a book tour.
1. A penknife. For fending off stalkers, opening letters, and - you know. The corksrew.
2. Your work-in-progress. Be it on laptop, a memory stick or in a moleskin notebook. Keep it close. Sleep with it.
3. A roll on mini bottle of relaxing lavender and geranium essential oils - for the plane, and to combat that ham smell.
4. Sunglasses. In case you need to look famous. Or if the sun gets in your eyes ...
5. A cashmere blanket. for style; warmth; comfort; pulling over your head when escaping the paparazzi.
6. A swimsuit. In case there's a pool in your hotel. Or you crash on the LOST island.
7. Your most comfortable trainers. Trust me. You will need them.
8. Chocolate. You know. Just in case.
9. A really, really good book.
10. Your sense of curiosity, wonder, discovery and the ridiculous. Because you're going to need that too.
The Gospel of Loki is out now.The novel is a first-person narrative of the rise and fall of the Norse gods - retold from the point of view of the world's ultimate trickster, Loki. It tells the story of Loki's recruitment from the underworld of Chaos, his many exploits on behalf of his one-eyed master, Odin, through to his eventual betrayal of the gods and the fall of Asgard itself.
Lia Weston's debut novel, The Fortunes of Ruby White, was published by Simon & Schuster Australia in 2010.On May 2, 2017
It’s been 45 years since Mr Tickle arrived in bookshops back in 1971. To mark the anniversary of the Mr Men and Little Miss books celebrations are underway with...On August 16, 2016
Melissa Doyle is a journalist, author and television presenter, best known to many as the co-host of Australia's leading breakfast television program, Sunrise. She has worked as a journalist in...On April 28, 2014
Here are our picks for the best reads this month.On August 1, 2017
Yellow Dress Day, published in 2012, was Sophie's first published picture book. Since then she has illustrated Indigo Solves the Pzuzle and is currently working on a new picture book...On February 19, 2013
The 50-year-old children’s author/illustrator Anna Dewdney has passed away after a 15-month battle with brain cancer. She leaves behind a strong message for parents as she urges people to read...On September 7, 2016