Joanne Harris is the author of the WHITBREAD-shortlisted CHOCOLAT (made into an OSCAR-nominated film starring Juliette Binoche and Johnny Depp) and many other bestselling novels. She is currently on a book tour to promote her latest title The Gospel of Loki .Last night on Twitter she shared her top ten things to take on a book tour.
1. A penknife. For fending off stalkers, opening letters, and - you know. The corksrew.
2. Your work-in-progress. Be it on laptop, a memory stick or in a moleskin notebook. Keep it close. Sleep with it.
3. A roll on mini bottle of relaxing lavender and geranium essential oils - for the plane, and to combat that ham smell.
4. Sunglasses. In case you need to look famous. Or if the sun gets in your eyes ...
5. A cashmere blanket. for style; warmth; comfort; pulling over your head when escaping the paparazzi.
6. A swimsuit. In case there's a pool in your hotel. Or you crash on the LOST island.
7. Your most comfortable trainers. Trust me. You will need them.
8. Chocolate. You know. Just in case.
9. A really, really good book.
10. Your sense of curiosity, wonder, discovery and the ridiculous. Because you're going to need that too.
The Gospel of Loki is out now.The novel is a first-person narrative of the rise and fall of the Norse gods - retold from the point of view of the world's ultimate trickster, Loki. It tells the story of Loki's recruitment from the underworld of Chaos, his many exploits on behalf of his one-eyed master, Odin, through to his eventual betrayal of the gods and the fall of Asgard itself.
P.D. James wrote more than 20 books. Many of her books included detective Adam Dalgliesh. Roy Marsden played the detective in a series of adaptations for ITV before Martin Shaw...On November 28, 2014
No stranger to embracing a second chance or trying something different, Jenn took the first tentative steps towards her tree change in 2004, escaping Sydney’s corporate chaos to buy a...On February 27, 2013
Daisy Waugh has written for most national newspapers and magazines and has contributed columns in the guises of restaurant reviewer, agony aunt and Los Angeles adventurer. She lives in London...On May 31, 2013
Ceri Radford is a writer and journalist. She has written for the Daily Telegraph and the Times Literary Supplement. She began writing a blog about the undisputed queen of homemaking, Constance Harding....On December 12, 2011
Kimberly Belle grew up in Eastern Tennessee, in a small town nestled in the foothills of the Appalachians. A graduate of Agnes Scott College in Decatur, Georgia, Kimberly lived for...On January 16, 2017
This week we are reading Park Lane by Frances Osborne.On August 16, 2012