Joanne Harris is the author of the WHITBREAD-shortlisted CHOCOLAT (made into an OSCAR-nominated film starring Juliette Binoche and Johnny Depp) and many other bestselling novels. She is currently on a book tour to promote her latest title The Gospel of Loki .Last night on Twitter she shared her top ten things to take on a book tour.
1. A penknife. For fending off stalkers, opening letters, and - you know. The corksrew.
2. Your work-in-progress. Be it on laptop, a memory stick or in a moleskin notebook. Keep it close. Sleep with it.
3. A roll on mini bottle of relaxing lavender and geranium essential oils - for the plane, and to combat that ham smell.
4. Sunglasses. In case you need to look famous. Or if the sun gets in your eyes ...
5. A cashmere blanket. for style; warmth; comfort; pulling over your head when escaping the paparazzi.
6. A swimsuit. In case there's a pool in your hotel. Or you crash on the LOST island.
7. Your most comfortable trainers. Trust me. You will need them.
8. Chocolate. You know. Just in case.
9. A really, really good book.
10. Your sense of curiosity, wonder, discovery and the ridiculous. Because you're going to need that too.
The Gospel of Loki is out now.The novel is a first-person narrative of the rise and fall of the Norse gods - retold from the point of view of the world's ultimate trickster, Loki. It tells the story of Loki's recruitment from the underworld of Chaos, his many exploits on behalf of his one-eyed master, Odin, through to his eventual betrayal of the gods and the fall of Asgard itself.
By Sophia WhitfieldOn October 2, 2014
Brad Pitt’s company Plan B, together with Warner Bros, has picked up the film rights to Australian YA thriller Illuminae.On November 23, 2015
To celebrate Bastille Day we have selected five perfect books for the occasion.On July 14, 2012
By Sophia WhitfieldOn July 15, 2015
THE MURDER BAG is my first crime novel and features the debut of Detective Max Wolfe of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command at London's West End Central – 27...On May 15, 2014
Thinking about curling up on the sofa with a romance? Here are our picks to keep you company.On November 11, 2015