Fancy a frittata? We have five fabulous options for you from Australian Eggs.
Smoked Trout Frittata Squares
1 whole smoked trout (about 400g)
2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
3 green onions, finely sliced
2 teaspoons chopped dill
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
1/3 cup light sour cream, plus ¼ cup for topping
Dill sprigs, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 26 x 16cm (base measurement) slice tin with non stick baking paper, extending over the two long sides.
2. Pull all the flesh from the trout, discarding the skin and bones. Flake the flesh and place into a large bowl. Squeeze out excess liquid from the zucchini. Add to the bowl along with the onions, dill and lemon rind; mix well.
3. Whisk the eggs and sour cream. Add to the bowl, stir to combine and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour into the prepared tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until set and golden brown. Stand in the tin for 5 minutes, then lift onto a wire rack, and carefully slide out the paper. Cool completely.
4. Cut into 24 squares and place onto a serving platter. Top each piece with a small dollop of sour cream, and a dill sprig.
* Note this recipe does not meet Food & Nutrition Australia’s recipe guidelines
It is no secret that we are big fans of Ian McKellen.On February 6, 2015
Mango SorbetOn May 2, 2014
SERVES 4On February 17, 2017
Spice up your breakfast this weekend with this fabulous recipe from Unbeatable.On June 12, 2015
Serves 4 as an accompaniment or 2 as a light mealOn March 4, 2016
This is one of the easiest cakes to whip up in seconds. Whenever we had a craving for something sweet, my mum would make this, which she simply called biskvit...On July 17, 2015