Fancy a frittata? We have five fabulous options for you from Australian Eggs.
Smoked Trout Frittata Squares
1 whole smoked trout (about 400g)
2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
3 green onions, finely sliced
2 teaspoons chopped dill
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
1/3 cup light sour cream, plus ¼ cup for topping
Dill sprigs, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 26 x 16cm (base measurement) slice tin with non stick baking paper, extending over the two long sides.
2. Pull all the flesh from the trout, discarding the skin and bones. Flake the flesh and place into a large bowl. Squeeze out excess liquid from the zucchini. Add to the bowl along with the onions, dill and lemon rind; mix well.
3. Whisk the eggs and sour cream. Add to the bowl, stir to combine and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour into the prepared tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until set and golden brown. Stand in the tin for 5 minutes, then lift onto a wire rack, and carefully slide out the paper. Cool completely.
4. Cut into 24 squares and place onto a serving platter. Top each piece with a small dollop of sour cream, and a dill sprig.
* Note this recipe does not meet Food & Nutrition Australia’s recipe guidelines
By Rebecca McRitchieOn March 11, 2013
Geoffrey Rush and Emily Watson are tipped to be starring in Fox’s adaptation of Markus Zusak’s The Book Thief. Directed by Brian Percival (Downton Abbey), production will commence this month...On February 6, 2013
This is probably the most famous lentil dish coming out of India – yellow lentils tempered with spices and the usual holy trinity of garlic, ginger and chilli. It has...On June 12, 2015
Good Matcha MorningOn May 19, 2017
Serves: 4On June 5, 2015
In news just in, Nick Hornby will be writing the script for Cheryl Strayed’s memoir, Wild. Reese Witherspoon’s company has picked up the film, with Reese set to play Cheryl.On November 30, 2012