Fancy a frittata? We have five fabulous options for you from Australian Eggs.
Smoked Trout Frittata Squares
1 whole smoked trout (about 400g)
2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
3 green onions, finely sliced
2 teaspoons chopped dill
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
1/3 cup light sour cream, plus ¼ cup for topping
Dill sprigs, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 26 x 16cm (base measurement) slice tin with non stick baking paper, extending over the two long sides.
2. Pull all the flesh from the trout, discarding the skin and bones. Flake the flesh and place into a large bowl. Squeeze out excess liquid from the zucchini. Add to the bowl along with the onions, dill and lemon rind; mix well.
3. Whisk the eggs and sour cream. Add to the bowl, stir to combine and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour into the prepared tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until set and golden brown. Stand in the tin for 5 minutes, then lift onto a wire rack, and carefully slide out the paper. Cool completely.
4. Cut into 24 squares and place onto a serving platter. Top each piece with a small dollop of sour cream, and a dill sprig.
* Note this recipe does not meet Food & Nutrition Australia’s recipe guidelines
Lamb has a distinct flavour and texture that goes perfectly with the Middle Eastern spices used in this recipe. You can make the spice mixture yourself, or purchase a spice...On August 7, 2015
Serves 6On April 17, 2014
We bring you Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara for you Friday afternoon entertainment.On February 13, 2015
On January 31, 2014
Spice up your breakfast this weekend with this fabulous recipe from Unbeatable.On June 12, 2015
We all know school holidays means long car journeys as we head off into the sunset with our little troop of energetic followers to enjoy the Easter break.On March 24, 2015