Fancy a frittata? We have five fabulous options for you from Australian Eggs.
Smoked Trout Frittata Squares
1 whole smoked trout (about 400g)
2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
3 green onions, finely sliced
2 teaspoons chopped dill
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
1/3 cup light sour cream, plus ¼ cup for topping
Dill sprigs, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 26 x 16cm (base measurement) slice tin with non stick baking paper, extending over the two long sides.
2. Pull all the flesh from the trout, discarding the skin and bones. Flake the flesh and place into a large bowl. Squeeze out excess liquid from the zucchini. Add to the bowl along with the onions, dill and lemon rind; mix well.
3. Whisk the eggs and sour cream. Add to the bowl, stir to combine and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour into the prepared tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until set and golden brown. Stand in the tin for 5 minutes, then lift onto a wire rack, and carefully slide out the paper. Cool completely.
4. Cut into 24 squares and place onto a serving platter. Top each piece with a small dollop of sour cream, and a dill sprig.
* Note this recipe does not meet Food & Nutrition Australia’s recipe guidelines
Born in Melbourne and educated in Sydney, Fiona Higgins has worked in the philanthropic sector over the past 15 years. Fiona's memoir, Love in the Age of Drought, was published...On March 4, 2015
SPECTRE, the 24th James Bond film, is on its way and we can't wait. What do you think of the new teaser poster? It's certainly cheered up our afternoon.On February 19, 2015
Dame Maggie Smith recreates one of her most celebrated roles – the singular Miss Shepherd – in The Lady in the Van, Alan Bennett’s big-screen comedic adaptation of his own...On November 17, 2015
Our top books to read this month, from debut literary fiction to psychological thriller.On April 6, 2017
Six of the eight film nomination for best Oscar are based on books.On January 19, 2016
Take a first look at the teaser trailer for BLACK MASS. Johnny Depp is almost unrecognisable.On April 24, 2015