Fancy a frittata? We have five fabulous options for you from Australian Eggs.
Smoked Trout Frittata Squares
1 whole smoked trout (about 400g)
2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
3 green onions, finely sliced
2 teaspoons chopped dill
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
1/3 cup light sour cream, plus ¼ cup for topping
Dill sprigs, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 26 x 16cm (base measurement) slice tin with non stick baking paper, extending over the two long sides.
2. Pull all the flesh from the trout, discarding the skin and bones. Flake the flesh and place into a large bowl. Squeeze out excess liquid from the zucchini. Add to the bowl along with the onions, dill and lemon rind; mix well.
3. Whisk the eggs and sour cream. Add to the bowl, stir to combine and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour into the prepared tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until set and golden brown. Stand in the tin for 5 minutes, then lift onto a wire rack, and carefully slide out the paper. Cool completely.
4. Cut into 24 squares and place onto a serving platter. Top each piece with a small dollop of sour cream, and a dill sprig.
* Note this recipe does not meet Food & Nutrition Australia’s recipe guidelines
After a night spent dancing at our favourite bar, we are the first customers waiting at our local bakery. The lady already knows what we are after: she has a...On February 27, 2015
Keeping the family healthy is always a challenge. Thanks to celebrity chef and nutritionist Zoe Bingley-Pullin feeding the hungry masses at the end of the day has just got easier.On March 31, 2015
Richard Tulloch has written more than 50 children's books, including Stories from our House, Beastly Tales and the popular Weird Stuff series of novels. As well as books Tulloch has...On May 2, 2013
Serves 8On October 17, 2013
Betty Riegel spent her early childhood hiding in air-raid shelters as bombs dropped all around her in England. She came from humble working-class roots, but had always dreamed of bigger...On April 16, 2013
The 2013 Golden Globe winners have been announced.On January 14, 2013