Want to know how to write a bestseller? We have good news. Waterstones has discovered the winning formula.
Here are a few tips:
1. It needs to be a thriller
2. The lead character should be male. Preferably a detective or a lawyer
3. The most popular location setting is America
4. You need to have published 13 previous books and won 4 awards before you hit the bestseller list
5. Your book should definitely be fiction
Time to get started.
Helene Young lives aboard a catamaran moored near the Great Barrier Reef in the Coral Sea. She shares her sailing adventures with her husband and their dog, Zeus. Her work...On July 14, 2013
Anna Romer grew up in a family of book-lovers and yarn-tellers, which inspired her lifelong love affair with stories. A graphic artist by trade, she also spent many years travelling...On September 18, 2013
By Sophia WhitfieldOn July 7, 2016
By Sophia WhitfieldOn December 3, 2012
By Sophia WhitfieldOn August 3, 2017
The overall winner of the Costa Book Award has been announced as Days Without end by Sebastian Barry. He beat Keggie Carew with her biography Dadland and Alice Oswald with...On February 2, 2017